1.8.08

Image is Back...




Hey, this year see's me officially coming back to Image as a founding member. We got together for the first time in ten years at San Diego CON last year and then at Atomic Comics in Phoenix and again in Chicago and San Diego CON's this year. I can gladly report we're still the same tho' maybe a bit more thoughtful and driven because we all have family's.

This past San Diego CON saw us revealing a brand new Jam Piece with all our characters and announcing a six issue cross-over for late next year being written by our newest member Robert Kirkman. For this project I have created an all new character called "Fortress". He will play a prominent role in the end of the crossover so my issue will be the last one.
Fortress is a character design I created a long time ago while I was in the Philippines. In fact it was gonna be a local comic book there and to be drawn by none other then Lienil Yu who was my student at the time. I have a watercolor/pen and ink pinup by Lienil back then so I guess you can say I already have a variant cover...so I just updated it for today and here he is. He will see life sometime the end of next year.

The main interesting thing about this project which cuts it apart from others is that thruout all six issues every instance Fortress appears he will be drawn by myself, that goes for all the other characters, Todd will draw every Spawn thruout all six issues while drawing one full issue himself.

I'll keep you posted of the progress of this book. Tho' I am now told that there will be a website posted specifically for this book and will have access by all six of us to post our updates as the project rolls along...keep ya posted...

I am also now the official artist on Spawn...leave the details to the next post...Whilce...

2 comments:

michaeljsmith said...

Whilce - I have started a fan site for Image United at www.imageunited.info

If you have any sketches of your new character I would love to post them on that site (regardless please check it out if you have a few).

syrtheone said...

Whilce you being back at image is a wonderful idea. A talented creator like yourself needs to be "unbridled" as it were. I expect greet deeds and mighty blows.