2.6.11

James Bingham

The illustrations of James Bingham are an inspiration to me. Specifically his technique of using colored paper with shading and white highlights within the target zone of the image. His subtle use of white in various degrees make up for the overall simple color. I also love how he uses the white as a directional to focus the viewers eye towards the important parts of the image.

I am trying to translate this to my commission style with markers because this is a very smooth style that once mastered can be done fairly quickly. Perfect for conventions. I've always been looking for a style that can convey a lot of light logic but can be achieved quickly. I love rendering, and to be able to do it within the hustle of a crowded convention hall is a great skill to achieve.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.0

No comments: